Saturday, January 5, 2013

Menu Plan and Grocery List

                                                                        Source
Menu Plan

Sunday - Broccoli Cheese Soup, Potato Soup, Quesadillas
Monday - Pork Chops, potatoes, carrots
Tuesday - Hot dogs, cheese, crescent rolls, homestyle mac and cheese, fruit
Wednesday - spaghetti and meatballs, mixed veggies
Thursday - Ham and rice casserole. corn
Friday - gortons fish, buttered macaroni, fruit
Saturday - homemade belgian waffles, canadian bacon, fruit

So 1-6-13 is one of the biggest coupon days of the year.  There will be 6 or 7 inserts in the Sunday paper in the morning.  As a result, I need to get to the store early so I can buy 4 copies.  I want to pick up anything else I need for the week while I am there.  The menu plan is done.  I need to get milk, bread, some lunch meat, cat food, cat litter and chips and crackers for the snack cupboard.  We have tons of cereal and other stuff for breakfast already at home.  I had turkey, bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches the other day and realized we were out of miracle whip, so on the list that goes.  Even with cat food items and $10 in newspapers it souldn't be to bad.  I vowed with Carla's challenge to stay ar $100 per week in January and this will be my first trip to the store.  Wish me luck!  I also took the eat from your pantry challenge

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delish! We too are working on staying under $100 per week. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! Would love it if you would share this or any other post at my Make it Pretty Monday party which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking menu...I really should try this (I did do this years ago and need to get back to it). Would love to have you share this at my party this week.

    Blessings,
    linda

    ReplyDelete