Sunday, January 20, 2013

Update On Carla's January Challenge


Ok - truth be told, I was a little behind on the junk drawer task.  We have 2 that are side by side in my kitchen.  They have been organized over and over.  I always have these containers, but things still just get tossed in there.  I would like to note that I used mostly containers that I already had.  An extra bread pan (who really needs 5 or 6 of them for bread) and some old kitchen containers that actually had lids in a former life.  The little pink, blue and green ovals were something I picked up in 3 packs for $.25 at the end of the summer season at dollar general.
The lesson here is that organizing does not have to be expensive.
The other part of the challenge this week was to find a way to earn some extra money.  I have been gathering things as I clean for a spring yard sale.  The pile is really starting to grow and my junk is getting eliminated.  WIN WIN!
Thank you to Carla for giving the kick in the butt I need to get things in order.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I recently started working on a pile for a yard sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYONE has a junk drawer. You just need to have a place to put those little misc. parts and pieces! Cleaning out and making money is the best! Even though I do not like having a garage sale every year, it certainly is a great way to get rid of junk and make money at the same time.
    Just stopping by from Inspire Me Monday blog hop!
    JanelleS
    www.parsnipsandparsimony.com

    ReplyDelete