Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Updated Menu Plan

                                                                            source

So you know how it goes, things happen.  Below was my original menu plan for the week.

1-6-13

Sunday - Broccoli Cheese Soup, Potato Soup, Quesadillas
Monday - Pork Chops, potatoes, carrots
Tuesday - Hot dogs, cheese, crescent rolls, homestyle mac and cheese, fruit
Wednesday - spaghetti and meatballs, mixed veggies
Thursday - Ham and rice casserole. corn
Friday - gortons fish, buttered macaroni, fruit
Saturday - homemade belgian waffles, canadian bacon, fruit
Things have changed, but nothing significant that will involve a trip to the store.

Sunday went as planned.  Monday we had 2 changes.  Neither was a big deal.  The kids said they had carrots for lunch so we grabbed a bag of frozen peas from garage freezer.  I was going to fry potatoes (which I guess I didn't actually say that) but I decided to make baked potatoes in the microwave instead.  This was based on the fact that I had a bunch a stuff to do that seemed more important that watching potatoes in the electric frying pan and that I had sour cream left to use before it went bad.  They were delicious!  I have only made them a couple of times before and have no idea why because they are SO EASY!
The big change will come Friday.  I have induction for National Junior Honor Society for my students and I am in charge of the event - yikes!  That means setting up after school and maybe not even coming home before the ceremony.  Therefore, I am sending my husband and kids to Suway, BUT we will be using a gift card from Christmas.

I didn't post anything but this week before, but I am working on getting the whole month thought out and below is what I had saved so far to my computer.

Menu Plan

1-6-13
Sunday - Broccoli Cheese Soup, Potato Soup, Sandwiches
Monday - Pork Chops, potatoes, carrots
Tuesday - Hot dogs, cheese, crescent rolls, homestyle mac and cheese, fruit
Wednesday - spaghetti and meatballs, mixed veggies
Thursday - Ham and rice casserole. corn
Friday - gortons fish, buttered macaroni, fruit
Saturday - homemade belgian waffles, canadian bacon, fruit

1-13-13Sunday - chicken noodle casserole with peas
Monday - tacos and ????
Tuesday - hamburger helper, frozen veggies
Wednesday - hot sausage sandwiches
Thursday -grilled chicken salads
Friday - french toast, sausage, eggs
Saturday - At my brother's for a party!


1-20-13
Sunday - turkey chili, corn muffins
Monday - pulled pork sandwiches, fried potatoes
Tuesday - pork fried rice
Wednesday - canned soup and grilled cheese
Thursday -chicken and rice, frozen veggies
Friday - homemade pizza
Saturday - maybe eating out on a gift certificate from Christmas????


Why am I showing  you this now?  My oldest said he doesn't want spaghetti and meatballs for dinner because they are having sloppy joe's in school.  He likes both but I guess it is reasonable to not want red sauce twice in a day.  I think I will swap it with the chicken noodle casserol listed for next week.  These are things we have to use up, but which days we have each thing can be flexible.






1 comment:

  1. Wow.. that's awesome so far!! I'm lucky to plan out a week ahead of time... lol! I really need to stick to meal planning though! I think if you make a menu plan for the week but not assign it to certain days till morning it's much easier.

    ReplyDelete