Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Goals



I did pretty well with my January goals, thanks to Carla's challenges at my half dozen daily.  It is a great blog and if you are not a follower, you should be!  So I guess it is time for February goals since it is already the 2nd of the month.  I just have  to say, I stink at new year's resolutions.  I have never kept one in my life.  I am more of an instant gratification type of a person and there is nothing instant about waiting 365 days! 
This year I decided to do monthly goals instead.  These goals will help me keep on track and make sure that I get something done!  If I fall short in some areas, at least I am moving forward and being productive.  I only missed a couple of things on my January list, but I found that I did some big things that weren't on my list as my priorities shifted.  I set a goal of losing 10 lbs and only lost 5, but the truth is, I wouldn't have lost any wothout the goal.  So here we go!

General:

Lose 5 lbs
Get a vacation house rented for our disney trip later this year.
Get our taxes done - it is so easy to put this off instead of getting everything organized and together.  It would just be stupid to wait as I know we are getting a refund.  Gotta get the refund in the bank earning a measly .75% in interest - groan!  I remember earning 13% as a teenager on my cd's!
List a few items on Etsy - I opened a shop last month, but haven't gotten around to listing anything yet.

Big Cleaning - Spring Cleaning Style!
Laundry Room
Boy's Bathroom
We live in a very cold region with forced air heat.  Therefore, we wait until it gets warmer to deep clean rooms with carpeting and upholstery.

Decluttering
Sewing Room Closet - this was on my list for January and I was so disappointed I didn't get it done!
General Craft Closet - let's just say it is an organizational nightmare.  It will not be one of my finest moments when I take a before photo!

Finance
10 no spend days  - I already had one yesterday.
Sock an extra $500 into our vacation account. 
Continue with all of our automated savings.  The goal is to increase what we save automatically instead of succumbing to lifestyle inflation.  I prefer not to reveal the exact amount we save each month as people I know read this blog.  Let's just say we work really hard at it.  We are saving for retirement, college, a vacation, a new car and are increasing our emergency fund.  We do all of these things on a monthly basis through automated savings.  I have given amounts for some of these categories on this blog, but I don't feel that I want to put everything out there.  I think that we save a good amount and I will just leave it at that.

Sewing - the fun list!
Sidekick Tote from Noodlehead - this was the other thing frommy January list that did not get done.  This has a recessed zipper in the top of the bag which will be a new skill for me.
Divided Basket from Noodlehead - what can I say, the girl has great patterns.  This should be a fun one. 
Lucky Star Block of the Month from Don't Call Me Betsy.  This BOM club has been my first crack at paper piecing and let's just say I am in love with the process!  Se the first 2 blocks that I made right here.
Dress up some dollar store potholders - I am not quite sure where I am headed with this.  I have seen some cute ideas on pinterest.  It will be hit or miss, but there should be some fun along the way.
Finish the 4 Noodlehead Gathered Clutches I have cut out.
Make a Mickey or Minnie tote for our vacation later this year.  I made an awesome one last year and gave it to my niece without taking a picture for the blog.
Make a Mickey or Minnie zippered clutch.
Make at least 4 pillowcases from this easy Missouri Star tutorial.  I have made them before and they are fun!
Make at least 3 baby bibs.


I guess I better run and get sewing! 

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff, sewing, I am up to my ears in Wedding dresses, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good set of goals - I look forward to seeing how you get on with the sewing list.

    ReplyDelete