Sunday, November 24, 2013

Menu Plan for 11-24-13

Sunday - ham and scalloped potatoes with corn
Monday - rice crispy ranch chicken and green bean casserole
Tuesday - spaghetti with meat sauce, green giant steamer veggies with basil sauce
Wednesday - taco soup
Thursday - Thanksgiving dinner at my in laws house and my parents will also be there!
Friday - lemon pepper broiled haddock, parsley potatoes and broccoli, cauliflower, carrot medley
Saturday - If we are feeling better we will go out to eat at Applebee's.  We have a gift certificate and we need to pick up a few Christmas gifts for tags that my husband picked up at work.  The wrapped gifts are due by the 10th.  If we are home instead, I will make some kind of soup.

A few side notes -

*I love green bean casserole and we never have it for Thanksgiving so I am making it on Tuesday.  My husband's family has a great Thanksgiving spread, but they don't like this dish.

*My kids are soup freaks.  They ask for soup all the time.  This past week we had broccoli cheese, potato, vegetable beef, chicken tortellini and wedding soup.  I would love to move to Orlando when I retire, but I don't know what we will do without the northern winter.  It just seems like soup has it's own season when you live in the north!

*I don't need to buy anything for this menu although I will still shop this week.  The sales on frozen items have been great at my store.  We need to keep eating from our freezer, so we have room for the new items that are free or almost free.  This week green giant steamers are more than free after coupons and gas points.  I am expecting to buy around 25 bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment