Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Flu!

It started Christmas night after I was in bed.  We had a great holiday and everything went smoothly.  We went to my husband's grandmothers on Christmas Eve and then the late service that night where my sons were both acolytes.  Christmas morning we hosted a breakfast of toast, juice, coffee, omelets made to order, fried eggs, potatoes and Belgian waffles for 22 people.  We went to my in-laws Christmas afternoon with my parents.  All was good when I went to bed Christmas night until my youngest woke me at 4 in the morning because my oldest was sick and didn't want to wake me.  Apparently my husband had been up with them until 1 am because they had started with vomiting and diarrhea.  At 4 my oldest was super sick and didn't have the heart to wake me.  I ended up with it as did my husband.  We were all suffering on Thursday.  Today the kids and hubby are pretty good and I seem to be the last trying to shake this lovely bug.

No one has much of an appetite.  I was going to open my Roth Ira today with the $5500 I have socked away for it, but it just didn't happen.  I know I technically have until March or something to put $ in for 2013, but I am going to get it done before the 31st.  I need to work on some more definitive goals and a menu plan and I hope to do that tomorrow.  My brother's family is coming on Sunday to celebrate the holiday.  We decided to forgo exchanging presents this year.  Instead each member of my family donated money to my school for Christmas presents for needy kids.  We also decided to go to a nice restaurant instead of cooking, so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment