Sunday, December 15, 2013

Plans for 2014

 I won't use the phrase "New Year's Resolution" and I want call these goals.  I just simply want to have a plan for 2013.  Simply put and in order of priority:
1.  Max out Roth IRA contribution for the year.
2.  Pay for a replacement car for my husband without incurring any debt.  Cost - anywhere north of $15,000.  We have been saving for this for over a year.  We plan on buying a recent model, low mileage, used car.  Wish Dave Ramsey would have come out with his "Drive Free Cars" video when I was younger and much dumber about cars!
3.  Pay for the replacement of our roof without incurring any debt.  Cost - I am guessing between $6,000 and $9,500.  We are in the process of saving for this right now.  
4.  Beef up emergency fund.  I would like to add 4k to this, but that might be next to impossible looking at goals 1,2 and 3.
 
Life happens and I might not  be able to achieve all of this, but putting it in writing gives me something to shoot for.  We will be traveling to Disney during the summer and that will be paid for from our checks leading up to the trip.  Somewhere down the road we need some replacement carpeting, but right now that does not seem like a priority.  Our first born will be a senior next year so we also have college or trade school looming on the horizon!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment