Sunday, February 9, 2014

Menu for the Week and Some Flops!

Chicken Spinach Lasagna
 This is what I made today after a friend recommended it and can I just say, YUCK?!?!?!?!?!  I hate to be so frank, but it was terrible.  I had 6 people for dinner and only one liked it.  I am not even sure if he was telling the truth, or just being polite.  My husband and kids eat almost anything but not this.  I followed the recipe exactly but we simply did not like this dish.  My friend said that she, her 2 picky kids and her husband all loved it, so I gave it a whirl.
My other flop for the day was a potholder I was making.  I didn't take a picture before I threw it in the trash.  Maybe I have just lost my groove today!  On to the menu for the week...

Sunday - Chicken Spinach Lasagna - I also threw in a 9x9 pan of regular lasagna from the freezer in case the recipe was a disaster.  I am glad I planned for that possibility.
Monday - leftover wedding soup from Friday, leftover Italian lasagna (the chicken spinach lasagna went home with the only person that claimed to like it)!
Tuesday - spicy cheeseburger soup
Wednesday - tacos
Thursday - spaghetti with meat sauce
Friday - omelets, bacon and toast
Saturday - cheesy bacon and ham chowder with corn

I need to buy 1 large tomato, lettuce, 1 cucumber, 1 jalpeno, hard taco shells, and taco sauce to complete these meals.  I will batch cook the hamburger on Monday for the next 3 days and I will make extra bacon on Friday for Saturday's soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment