Saturday, January 9, 2016

January Goal UpdateMy goals for the month are as follows:

My goals for the month are as follows with progress listed in color:

Goals for January 2016:

1.  Get rid of 200 items from my house - I am at 52 out of 200.  This will be easy!
2.  Lose 7 pounds - I don't have my weigh in until Monday
3.  Sew 3 items - I have made 4 open wide pouches so I have already finished this goal, but I will still
be sewing a couple of other things this month.  Done!
4.  10 no spend days - I am at 3.  I hoped to be further, but the good news is that the total spent so far is very low.
5.  Clear my desk of the mountain of paperwork that built up over
the holidays - started this today and want to be done before Monday.
6.  Clean out junk drawers! - no words
7.  Revamp my plan to teach all eligible content to a greater depth of knowledge
 before the state tests. - Done!

I obviously hope to accomplish more than this in January, but these are my written goals for things that I look to put off vs. actually finishing.

On a different note.  We bought some powerball tickets which we almost never do.  I am a math teacher and it is such a money sink to buy games of chance to chase a dream,  In this case it seems silly not to buy a ticket just so you can say you did.  The funny thing is I can hear my 2 teenage boys in the other living room talking about all of this nonsense, which neither of them understands how it really even works.  The 19 year old keeps talking about what he would do with all of that money.  The 17 year old keeps saying, "You could never need that much money anyway!"  They are laughing and carrying on about it because they understand how silly it all is to sink money into lotteries on any kid of regular basis.
I feel like they are logical good kids and that both have a solid knowledge base about money and life (probably more so than most adults).  They haven't been raised in an environment where you talk about winning the lottery as a means to solving your problems with money and all of life's other issues.  They both know that hard work and a simple lifestyle can bring you a great deal of financial peace and security.  It actually makes me very happy to write this because it reminds how much they both already understand about money and life.  They both work very hard as we have family goals for little to no student loan debt for them.  This is a goal that our family has been working toward for years and the boys contribute to the goal through their jobs and budgeting skills.  It all just makes me smile because I know we won't be winning the powerball even though we bought a couple of tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment