Saturday, November 8, 2014

KitchenAid Mixer Cover Using a Tutorial from Carla at My Half Dozen Daily




I have followed Carla's blog at My Half Dozen Daily for a few years.  She is such an inspiration.  The lady can budget, cook and sew like nobody's business.
I made this using her mixer tutorial.  It was easier than I imagined it would be.  I added jumbo ric rac not knowing if it would really work out or not.  It fit perfectly into the bias trim that I made with 2 inch strips.  The bias helped to keep the ric rac straight.  I then sewed on top of the ric rac, clase to the edge with orange thread to keep if from curling up over time.  You can see I have a blue countertop and orange walls, so I thought the fabrics were a nice choice.  They are DS Quilts from Joann fabrics.
If you don't follow Carla's blog, you really should.  She is such an inspiration to me!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Your project is adorable! I will definitely check out her blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a bright spot this must be in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and I love the pocket, how perfect!

    Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea. Never thought to cover my mixer, might have to think about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea, your mixer cover is so beautiful. great idea to add the pockets too.
    I found your blog through the Round Tuit linky party.
    Michelle :o)
    http://stitchunpickrepeat.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete