Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chicken Broccoli Penne Pasta Freezer Meal - Freezer Cooking Groove



 We were off for a snow day yesterday so this is one of the little things I did.  I made chicken broccoli penne pasta for dinner.  We baked the large 10x15 pan on the far right.
The blue and pink 9x13 pans went into the freezer.
I started by cutting 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken into small pieces and cooking it with 2 chopped medium onions.  I then added 5 jars of Alfredo sauce.  It sounds like a lot, but remember this is for 3 dinners in a house with teenage boys. 
I cooked 2.5 lbs of penne and added 2 1lb packages of broccoli during the last minute of cooking.  I put it all in my 42 cup thatsa bowl, added the chicken sauce and combined it well.

Into 3 baking pans it went...
 Two of which were destined for the freezer.
 You can see that I now have the 4 lasagna I made last week (red lids) and the 2 penne pasta I made today in the freezer.

I don't think I will add broccoli again unless it is fresh.  It wasn't as crisp as I would have liked.  We also had more veggies on the side as it wasn't quite a full lb. of broccoli in each casserole.  Some of you asked about my lasagna recipe from last week.  I with give details in the next few days.  It isn't a recipe as much as a process because I cheat and use sauce from a jar!



 


 

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I LOVE that you have all of those freezer meals. I really need to start doing that. It's so helpful on busy nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this-- on a smaller scale. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete