Friday, August 23, 2013

Sewing Every Day Plan was a Disaster

It has been a crazy summer and my Sew Every Day Plan was a disaster.  So bad that I don't even really want to talk about it.  Suffice it to say, it did not happen.  Life has been crazy as far as my job goes and even though I was off for the summer, it still had a way of interfering.  I can't really talk about it, but let's just say it has been very, very weird.
Today was my first day back to work.  It was a work in your classroom day to prepare for the kids coming.  Monday is jammed full of meetings and Tuesday the kids start.  It will be my 25th year of teaching (I guess I am getting old) and I still love being with the kids and trying to inspire them to love math.
Tonight we just had some casseroles that I had frozen.  I had an 8 by 8 dish of chicken penne pasta alfredo and an 8 by 8 dish of chicken stuffing casserole.  My sons were hungry after golf practice and there wasn't much left to put in the fridge.  What was left will be packed for someone's lunch.  Speaking of school lunches, the quality has gone down and the prices have gone up, so I am going to try to pack 4 times a week, if not every day.    Today I took a grilled chicken salad with sun dried tomato feta and lots of garden veggies.
I will be glad to be back in a routine.  Hopefully things calm down at work.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is a 12 month employee in a school and I pack his lunch every day. He has never even gone into the cafeteria. One day when my little guy was little, we had run out of milk and we were leaving for vacation...I asked him to go in and buy one of those little milks... he wouldn't even do that!! I guess he has an aversion to the cafeteria instead of actually enjoying the lunch that pack him :) Good luck settling into the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. hope you find your way into a regular routine, including sewing, soon! We've had a crazy busy summer and am looking forward to a "routine" as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete