Sunday, January 27, 2013

Neon Gathered Clutch from Noodlehead Pattern


Can I just say NOODLEHEAD ROCKS! This is made from her gathered clutch pattern. I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to sewing anything other than straight lines. Noodlehead's patterns come directly via computer when you pay. They are 15-20 pages or more with step by step photos and details. If you think you can't follow a regular pattern (like me) give one of noodleheads a try. It is kind of like step by step sewing for newbies. Anna has not compensated me in any way for saying these things and doesn't even know I am writing this post. It is 100% my own opinion and your opinion may differ.

Anywho, back to what I was saying - Anna's patterns are fantastic. I don't know why I held off
so long on making this because it came together rather quickly. I whipped it together in a couple of hours after dinner. It shouldn't have taken that long, but I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. It has the option of a divider, which I did and am not happy with it. I did not put it tight enough, so I need to be more careful next time. It also has the option of single and double credit card holders, which I did both and am pleased with how they turned out. 

The divider is orange and too loose which is my fault it is NOT a faulty pattern. The single credit card holder is also orange and the double (forgot to get a picture of that) is paisley.
This was really fun to make. As a matter of fact, I already have the parts cut out to make four more. Hopefully I will get them made and a post done before the end of the week!



14 comments:

  1. That is a darling clutch. I love the color combinations. Thanks for the pattern recommendation. By the way, I am a math teacher as well, but it is resource math. Stopping by from Plum and June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous clutch!Lovely colors!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very cute, ill have to check out noodle head. I love that you have four more cut, I do the same thing when I find something I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this clutch.
    Tabby
    http://www.shoppingwives.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very pretty and just the perfect size for getting out and about and carrying all needed items
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! You did a great job! I found you from Keeping It Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job! Love your fabric choices. I'll be checking out Noodle Head. Thanks for linking up at A Humble Creation's Monday Makeover this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the fabrics you chose for this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great clutch - Noodlehead's patterns always get great reviews! I love your neon fabric too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great clutch! Thanks for sharing it at my Twirl & Take a Bow party! Have a great week.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute clutch! I will have to look at her patterns

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very pretty and I love the fabrics you chose! Thanks for linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute clutch! Thanks for sharing it at Fluster's Creative Muster Party. I can't wait to see what you link up this Wednesday.

    Hugs and Smiles,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete