I have so (sew) many things I want/need to sew and I have really been slacking, so it is time to set a good goal. I am going to sew every day for a week for at least one hour (most days it will be more like 3 or 4 hours). I started Tuesday night and will post pictures when it is daylight on Wednesday. I finished 2 baby bibs I had started (girl Colors), made 3 more bibs (boy colors) and a jumbo receiving blanket. I have so much more that I want to do and I can't get it done in a week, but a week will put and good dent in my list. I am sure I will stray from the list somewhat since pinterest is giving me new ideas daily, but I will sew something every day whether it actually comes from this list or not...
Are you ready for the scary list? Here we go!
1. Catch up on the Lucky Stars Block of the Month from Don't Call Me Betsy. I am ashamed to say that I only finished the practice block and the January block. I started February and haven't picked it up since. I won't get completely caught up in a week, but I need to get a few of them done!
2. I need to make something for my 2 kitchen windows. I am trying to get a stain out of an old tablecloth my great grandmother embroidered so I can make it into 2 window toppers. If I can't get it out I will whip something up from my regular fabric stash.
3. Make a new lunch tote using the pink penguin tutorial altered to the bigger size that I made twice before. I love this pattern and it is free on Ayumi's site!
5. Tote Bag
6. A long lanyard for my keys because I keep misplacing them.
School starts in a few weeks and I would like to have #3, 4, 5, and 6 done by then.
8. I have a Halloween quilt top that has been sitting lonely for about a year. It is not going to baste, quilt and bind itself.
9. I have a quilt top that I started in June for my 18 year old nephew who will be going off to college soon. I ditched the quilt plan and gave him something else. I thought the fabrics were a good choice when I bought them but I just wasn't feeling it when I started putting it together. It is tough to pick out fabrics for an 18 yr. old boy. I gave him a stash of money and some other things for graduation instead. I will finish the quilt and gift it to a different male in the family for Christmas of donate it to a quilt drive. It is the first quilt top that I have made that I felt didn't match the recipient. Did that ever happen to any of you?
10. A gift for a fellow blogger that I have been wanting to do something nice for...
11. Finish some noodlehead gathered clutches. I have had 4 cut out and started for months, but they have just been laying in my sewing room. I am not sure why because they aren't hard and look awesome when they are done. I finished 1 so far.
12. Make a bib tutorial.
I know I will finish at least a few of these things if I sew every day for a week. I am also sure that I will get off track from this list and make at least one thing not mentioned here! I made a baby gift consisting of 3 bibs and a jumbo receiving blanket. I also finished 2 other bibs that I had started and I added them to my gift stash.
WISH ME LUCK!!!